Forged from the sweat and blood of 10,000 brewers, carried through the city by an army of heroic bartenders, greeted with the hopes and dreams of countless thirsty beer drinkers, we present... the legendary HAMMER OF GLORY!
Join us once again for the epic journey of the Hammer of Glory, raised as a symbol of America's Best Beer-Drinking City and brought smashing down into the official first keg of Philly Beer Week.
On Friday, June 1st, beginning at 6:30 a.m., a Philadelphia tradition will kick off with the daylong relay of the Hammer of Glory. Conveyed by unusual and exotic means of transport, its gleaming presence is greeted by untold numbers till its journey culminates in its arrival at Opening Tap.
Then - and only then - does Philly Beer Week officially commence.
At each stop, the HOG is handed off to the next person with these words:
"Noble carrier, we entrust you with The Hammer of Glory, the omnipotent symbol of our beloved Philly Beer Week. May your journey be safe. Work ye up a thirst, for there shall be a beer waiting for you at your destination. Godspeed!"
Follow the Hammer of Glory relay for free aboard the SugarHouse double-decker bus....Or crack open a cold one and follow it on Twitter (#HOG ) and Facebook!
- 8:15 AM SugarHouse Casino - 1001 N. Delaware Ave.
- 9:15 AM Hop Angel Brauhaus - 7980 Oxford Ave.
- 10:18 AM Grey Lodge Pub - 6235 Frankford Ave.
- 11:01 AM Philadelphia Brewing - 2439 Amber St
- 11:29 AM Johnny Brenda's - 1201 Frankford Ave
- 11:57 AM Delilah's Gentleman's Club & Steakhouse - 100 Spring Garden St.
- 12:20 PM Yards Brewing - 901 North Delaware Ave.
- 12:43 PM The Foodery - 837 N. 2nd St.
- 12:58 PM Standard Tap - 901 N. 2nd St.
- 1:23 PM Institute Bar - 549 N 12th St.
- 1:56 PM The Belgian Cafe - 601 N. 21st St.
- 2:19 PM Kite and Key -1836 Callowhill St.)
- 2:42 PM Four Seasons Hotel - 18th and Cherry streets.
- 3:10 PM Nodding Head Brewery - 1516 Sansom St.
- 3:33 PM Fergie's Pub - 1214 Sansom St.
- 3:49 PM Time Restaurant, Whiskey Bar & Taproom - 1315 Sansom St.
- 4:37 PM Dock Street Brewery - 5000 Baltimore Ave.
- 5:15 PM Varga - 941 Spruce St.
- 5:38 PM Bella Vista Beer Distributor - 755 S. 11th St.
- 5:56 PM 12 Steps Down - 767 S. 9th Street
- 6:29 PM Opening Tap - Independence Visitor Center
Philly Beer Week is the world's largest beer celebration
of its kind, featuring hundreds of events
over 10 fantastic June days.